The Summer 2017 application is open!
The main criteria for selection will be the student's academic record and letters. We will also take into account the student's enthusiasm for chemistry, and interest in career goals related to chemistry research. The central aim to the selection process is to identify students who are well qualified, who have a keen interest in chemistry, and who want to find out whether a career in chemistry research is right for them.
If you have read the requirements and are eligible to apply, there are two steps. Please:
1) create a friends of Penn State account at: https://fps.psu.edu/mkuser/index.html
2) complete the on-line application (we recommend opening in a new window to keep the below instructions open) following the directions below:
- indicate two faculty members from whom we will request recommendations (please do not send these separately). We recommend that these letters be from your faculty advisor and a chemistry professor.
- In your statement of research interests, Indicate your first, second and third choice of research project topics
- send an official transcript by regular mail to:
Chemistry Summer Undergraduate Research Program
c/o The Department of Chemistry
The Pennsylvania State University
104 Chemistry Building
University Park, PA 16802
- The application will close on March 1, 2017.
- after submitting, you may log back in at any time to check the status of your application